Friday, August 14, 2020

The Wombwell Rainbow, June-July 2020

Thank you to curator, Paul Brookes!


June 23, 2020 - on the theme of wasps and bees

the argument
escalates all night
inside me
these paper-thin walls
only meant for wasps

Wild Voices, April 2017


I inhale
and my lungs fill up
with bees
though all hope is lost
there is still this hum

Hedgerow Poems 100, December 2016




June 24, 2020 - on the theme of ants

an ant
pushing the universe
up this hill
in a water droplet
I find my inner strength

Atlas Poetica 25, July 2016


a black river
of ants surges across
the pavement
they know their destination
long before I know mine

Honourable Mention, 2019 British Haiku Society Tanka Awards


June 25, 2020 - on the theme of beetles

the graffiti
of firefly stars at dusk
we follow
until our eyes adjust
to the narrative of night

Earth: Our Common Ground, April 2017




June 26, 2020 - on the theme of butterflies

in my garden
a gatekeeper butterfly
basks in the sun
I cover my pale body
only coming out at night

Cattails, September 2016


it was
as if she were
a butterfly
the way words flew
from her open hands

Cattails, April 2018


we once played
in this tangled garden,
enchanted
by the quiet fireworks
of bergamot and butterflies

Atlas Poetica 36, February 2019


Otata 36, December 2018



Incense Dreams 3.1, October 2019


June 27, 2020 - on the theme of moths

she is suspended
between here and gone
a cobweb
catching the light
of this moth-winged life

A Hundred Gourds 4.1, December 2014


a hammock
of tent caterpillars
sags with dew . . .
our differing opinions
on the nature of beauty

Atlas Poetica Special Feature, January 2018


bind my body
with spanworm silk
lay me down
in a shaded garden
until I turn to earth

Atlas Poetica Special Feature, August 2019


Failed Haiku Journal of Senryu Vol. 3, Issue 33, September 2019


June 28, 2020 - on the theme of flies and other sundry insects

dead houseflies
litter my windowsill
blindsided
not even compound eyes
see the way out of here

Undertow Tanka Review 7, September 2015


June 29, 2020 - on the theme of spiders

a spider web
strummed by soft breezes . . .
we can
almost hear the song
of morning dew

Ephemerae 1C, November 2018



July 4, 2020 - on the theme of meadows

the meadow
astir with blue skimmers
their wings
darning these placid days
into our histories

Ripples in the Sand, Tanka Society of America Membersߴ Anthology 2016


Frameless Sky 12, June 2020













No comments:

Post a Comment