Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Serow: Journal of the Akita International Haiku Network, Volume 5, Spring 2022

Happy to have the following three haiga included in this issue featuring 5/7/5 format on the theme of yūgen:




This issue also features reflections on making haiga, and the following is my contribution:

Making haiga serves as my daily meditation. It helps to distract me from chronic illness, and brings me much joy! I use a variety of techniques, such as ink, watercolour, photography, and digital components in my original artworks. Sometimes the poem comes first, and at other times, the art begs me for words! The Haiku Foundation Haiga Galleries feature several examples of my work. There is something timeless about haiga and the way in which it elevates both the haiku and the art, expanding the scope of each so that they resonate in a more profound way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment