Monday, June 14, 2021

Otoroshi Journal, Volume 1, Issue 2, Summer 2021

Ghoulishly excited to have my first horror tanka prose featured in this new horror-themed journal. My thanks to editor Lori Minor and Joshua Gage!


Bodement

I feel a frisson of fear as she unpins the emergency button from my bed. The intravenous needle tears a hole through my skin and blood spurts from the wound. My bedding becomes drenched with urine and stomach acid as the catheter and feeding tubes are yanked out. Taking my brittle hands in hers, she kisses the tip of each finger before breaking them, one by one. I am without oxygen, but conscious enough to understand that this is what I deserve. With a final gasp, I beg for her forgiveness.

the sin-eater
consuming
transgressions
consuming
the sin-eater
 

No comments:

Post a Comment