Saturday, August 24, 2019

#FemkuMag: An E-zine of Womxn's Haiku - Issue 14, July 2019

hot (fl)ashes the combustibility of womxn's rights

Honourable Mention
Marlene Mountain Memorial Haiku Contest 2019

(note: the editor, Lori Minor, also nominated this poem for the 2019 Haiku Foundation Touchstone Awards)


Other work included in this issue:


magpie the white streaks at my temples


surface tension
we hold it together
drop...by...drop


kudzu
pain
chokes
me
out
of
my
life


This issue also features the following triptych from my book, Three-Part Harmony: Tanka Verses (Keibooks 2018):


atonement


mute swans
under a moon bridge
the things
I should have confessed
make no difference now


the peace
that accompanies
forgiveness
after this long drought
an ecstasy of rain


on this day
of my atonement,
your face
a fragile watermark
at the edge of sky


1st verse: First Place, UHTS Fleeting Words Tanka Contest 2016
2nd verse: GUSTS, Number 25, Spring/Summer 2017
3rd verse: Moonbathing, Issue 16, Spring/Summer 2017


(thrilled to note that the magazine has now changed its name to reflect "womxn")




No comments:

Post a Comment