Friday, August 30, 2024

#DebbieMStrangeBookmarkGratitudeProject, 2023-2024

To mark my tenth year of publishing (2013-2023), I made over 200 bookmarks and sent them to editors around the world who have been supportive of my work. I used a variety of techniques for this labour of love, such as collage, painting, mono-printing, or photography from my abstract series, "The Poetry of Light" (all the images from this exhibition can be accessed under the exhibition tab of this blog).

I am forever grateful for all the encouragement I have received over the years. Though I've been writing songs, stories, and poetry since childhood, I didn't start taking it "seriously" until my first haiku acceptance from the esteemed poet, an'ya, which changed the course of my writing life.

I have dedicated five hours a day to writing and making art over the course of this last decade. This daily meditative practice has helped mitigate the debilitating effects of chronic illness, allowing me focus on joy rather than pain!

Thousands of my poems and artworks have now been published in hundreds of journals internationally and translated into many languages, and several books of my work have been released. This journey has enriched my life beyond measure, and has exceeded my wildest dreams!

I couldn't have done any of this without the staunch support of my husband, family, friends, and the global community of short-form poets who welcomed me into the fold. There are not enough words to convey my gratitude and love. I am indeed blessed!


(note: please click on the image to enlarge it for better clarity)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment