Sunday, December 16, 2018

Blithe Spirit, Vol. 28, Number 4, November 2018

Honoured to receive the Museum of Haiku Literature Award for best of issue 28.3 (selected by Mary Weiler):


sun spider
I centre myself
in its web

At first I fell for the sweet alliteration in 'sun spider'. Then I looked it up. This is neither a spider nor a scorpion but a voracious little guy that can kill small vertebrates. Is she trying to intimidate him? Or maybe this is a form of meditation, centering herself. I had so much fun extrapolating around those eight little words!


Thank you for your comments, Mary!


storm watch
the sky crumples
in on itself


skeleton flowers
the things that rain
reveals


a loon dives
beneath the surface . . .
how clear
everything seems
in this moment


highland winds
ring the purple bells
of heather
as if to say, come home,
we are lost without you

No comments:

Post a Comment