Sunday, January 24, 2016

World Haiku Review, January 2016

ice fog
everything familiar
unfamiliar


Third Place
Shintai Haiku Category


late autumn
snow geese scattered
over dark fields


Zatsuei Haiku of Merit
Neo-Classical Haiku Category


Note:

I was happy to receive a note regarding "ice fog" from an'ya, the publisher of my first haiku. There is only a single word difference between our haiku, though they were written 11 years apart...

"Great minds think alike Debbie! We must have been sisters in a previous life. Debbie, unlike others in our haiku world, I have never believed in deja-ku, and am honored that we shared virtually the same moment."

The exact situation subsequently arose with my work, and I responded to it with an'ya's kind and generous outlook on this common occurrence. I like to call these incidents "mind melds"! Since I began my haiku journey in 2013, I have discovered how lovely it is to know that we are connected by shared experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment