Sunday, February 04, 2018

Hedgerow Poems, Number 122, Winter 2017

Print Edition



A Selection from Warp and Weft: Tanka Threads:


folding into me


riding pillion
my heart against
your back
we unzip the highway
at the velocity of night


delivered
to your opening door
in mason jars
of wild plums and fireflies
you hold me in your hands


crossing over
the bridge of sighs
I felt you
folding into me
folding into prayer


The following haiga incorporates my 3rd place winning poem in the 2014 Hortensia Anderson Awards administered by the United Haiku and Tanka society:





The following poem is my contribution to the collaborative sequence of haiku, a stairway to the stars, written with Steve Hodge, Simon Hanson, Ron C. Moss, and Caroline Skanne:


frost-spun
a spider's web
unravels me








No comments:

Post a Comment