Friday, October 06, 2017

Blithe Spirit, Vol. 27, Number 2, May 2017

dust motes . . .
the worn patches
on his saddle


robinsong . . .
the scent of earth
newly warm


awakening
to find myself grown
out of this skin . . .
will you recognize me
each time I am reborn


acquainted
with the ocean's rhythms
a dolphin
carries me on its back
to my home among stars


Please note that the results of the 2016 British Haiku Society Awards also appear in this issue. Commentaries may be viewed in the British Haiku Society post of April 15, 2017 on this blog.


Tanka Section


tracks of birds
meander through snow . . .
the surgeon
marks her left breast
with a cross

1st Place


impossible
to hold the light
of mercury . . .
your memory
slips away

Runner-up


Haiku Section


harsh winter
squirrels gnaw the tines
of shed antlers

Special Mention

No comments:

Post a Comment