Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Bamboo Hut Press, 2014

Haiku, Senryu, Micropoetry, Tanshi and Sedoka:


harvest moon . . .
crisp apples and wedges
of geese


night drive . . .
a deer leaps over
the moon


frozen grasses
the sound of winter
beneath our feet


at solstice
we share a glass
of sunlight


groundhog day
scattered flurries
of snowdrops


diving into sky
pearl fishers
and cormorants


blue moon . . .
wingprints on snow
and a tuft of fur


summer rain . . .
puddles of confetti
beneath the arbour


sundown
the wine-drenched sea
fills my cup


evensong
a choir of crickets
and wind


frozen reeds
the north wind plays
winter's flute


winter trees
hold the opal moon
in their arms


eclipsed
behind earth's eyelid
bloodshot moon


calypso orchid
on the forest floor
shadow dancing


dusk
oak leaf lanterns
light my way


sun and moon . . .
the rise and fall
of your breath


ice chimes
the thawing lake
exhales


blossoms
of mock orange
peel open summer


coyotes wail
the old dog twitches
at my feet


moon garden . . .
the night blooms
with scent


lady slippers . . .
the way she dances
in her garden


writing haiku
words and lines
play leapfrog


listening deeply
to the poetry of water
i become a wave


twilit lake
the trees and I
reflect


ice wine
the fermenting
of memories


Christmas lights . . .
the shrivelled ghosts
of spiders past


wild horses
these deep fears
unbridled


mortar and pestle
grinding my teeth
into bonedust


spring cleaning . . .
I sweep lies under
the rug


icicle . . .
the melted taste
of you


the new year
counting calories
instead of stars


frost warning . . .
I add covers
to the rose bed


hummingbird . . .
father hovers over
his garden


another year
another pound
of flesh


open window . . .
my nocturne tickles
the ivory moon


woodpecker . . .
he taps long red nails
on the bar


polishing
my glass poems
until I see


a dragonfly
sips from my cup
I fly away


biting wind . . .
even the sun dogs
stay inside


laundry day
the weather girl
sorts clouds


drifting silently
down the line
a pilgrimage into myself
no chains binding my heart
no sorrow prophets
reading my tea leaves





No comments:

Post a Comment